Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Profile of a Parent


Name: Stacey, mommy, and Ursula, Ms. Wendy, Prince Phillip, Toto or whatever part my daughter Jessica gives me in the “play of the day”.


Mother of: Jessica who will be 3 years old next month and Danielle who just celebrated being 4 months old!


What You Did Before You Were Someone’s Mommy: Taught sixth grade, enjoyed late afternoon naps and a great one every Saturday. Friday nights were reserved for a movie and a few bottles of wine(hence the reason for the Saturday afternoon nap), got a manicure and pedicure whenever I felt like it, and was the best at keeping in touch with extended family and girlfriends.


What You Do For Yourself Now: None of the above, but I do find time to indulge in some not so great tv. What is your favorite thing about being a mother? I may be biased, but my girls have the most amazing smiles in the whole wide world. The greatest part is that it doesn’t take much for either of them to smile at me, with me, or for me. Saying good morning, playing peekaboo, kissing toes, giving a fishy kiss, dancing with Teddy, singing “you are my sunshine”, pretending to be Ursula the sea witch, sharing a spaghetti noodle, or getting the shark bites off of Jessica’s teeth before bed gives me the chance to see the two most glorious, marvelous grins this world has ever seen!

What is the one thing you wish you’d known before you had children? I truly love to sleep in and miss it a lot!

What would you do with an extra free hour in your day? In the event that this hour does not occur in the morning when I would definitely sleep for an extra hour, I would still lay down, but I would probably talk with an old friend or read something inspirational.


Who are your go-to people when you have a parenting questions? I have always been blessed with the greatest people in my life. Each brings something wonderful to my table and, depending on the situation, I am fortunate enough to have fabulous people to help me through.


What is the one thing your child(ren) do that always makes you smile? Jessica is my little actress and has an amazing memory. It always makes me smile when she pretends to be someone and proceeds to act out something they did or said weeks before! Danielle has given me several reasons to smile in the last 4 and a half months, but my favorite is when she giggles uncontrollably while watching Jessica run in circles.


Who is your favorite fictional mother? This is tough, too many to pick from.
If you could be someone you know for a day, who would it be? I would be my friend Stacey who has always been, according to me, a very beautiful and very complete person.


If you could ban people from doing something, what would it be? Making judgements and decisions too soon or without all the facts. It causes chaos and a ton of unnecessary hurt.


If you could make one mixed CD that would be the only music you could listen to for the rest of your life, what songs would you put on it?
"Trouble" by Ray LaMontagne, “American Trilogy” by Elvis Presley, “She’s Got A Way” by Billy Joel, “When I See You Smile” by Bad English, “I Won’t Back Down” by Tom Petty, “Amanda” by Boston, “Silver Springs” by Fleetwood Mac, “Bridge Over Troubled Water” the Elvis Presley Version, “You’re Gonna Miss Me When I’m Gone” by Brooks and Dunn, “My Best Friend” by Tim McGraw, “Stay” by Sugarland, “It’s My Life” by Bon Jovi, and “Baby I Love You” by Aretha Franklin

No comments: