So I have been deliberating on whether or not to finally bury the blog, which hasn't been so much neglected as completely abandoned. Though I plan to give one more go of regular blogging, me reasons for my most recent slogging are pretty extensive.
Consider the following:
10) The effort. I'm an "all or nothing" kind of person, which means I start something new with a cannonball and lots of enthusiasm. As the new endeavor gets boring, or taxing, or even obligatory, I choose to abandon it instead of giving my less than best effort.
9) Exercise. That's right....it can be a bad thing (sorry, Susan). For our anniversary, I gave my husband one of the few things he's always begged of me that I'd never agreed to until this eighth year of our marital bliss: the opportunity to work out together on a regular basis. Worried that his need to be "helpful" would trigger my need to hurt him (I hate being told what to do), I had always resisted his pleas. This year, however, my motivation to get back in shape and also find the perfect gift for my man coincided and we've been spending our evenings P90Xing ourselves (at least the truncated version). The good side? I've never been in better shape. The bad side? Less time to blog, or work, or raise my arms above my head....ouch.
8) Work. After finishing the last book, I jumped into the role of literary agent in attempting to help my Aussie friend get published stateside. Again, less time for blogging.
7) Creativity. I just haven't had a lot to say, though there's been plenty on my mind. It seems like every week I hear of some bad news to befall a friend, which means worry has become an all too regular habit. Needless to say, my prayer list has never been longer and my emotions have never felt so raw. The handful of friends struggling with tough times know who they are, and now they know how much I think of them.....and love them too.
6) Joseph is two years old.
5) Moving. Though nothing is pushing us out, we do want to move eastward before O starts kindergarten and gets ingrained in a school system. Needless to say, my desire to maintain clean carpet lines care of the vacuum is not at all reasonable during the day (see #6).
4) Writing. I do enjoy blogging, but I have returned to writing for myself as much as I can....which isn't much at all (see #9, 8, and 7). Anyway, after ghostwriting three books, it's high time I pulled off the mask and started putting my own names on some things.
3) Twilight. Why I ever decided to start reading the Twilight series is beyond me (a desire for some mindless reading, perhaps?), but I am finishing the fourth book in the series and it's only been a month. Obsessed much? I hate to admit I love it....and now I can't wait for the next movie.
2) Children. With so much time taken up by so many different things, I'm doing my best to give my all to the people who matter most. My energies go to them first, and then to exercise, and then to work, and then to writing, and then to.....what was that other thing? Oh yes, blogging.