Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Mommy Cravings


While doing some research (okay, I was procrastinating writing about Cuff Links for my employer-- shout out to Rotimi), I discovered a site that lists all the pregnancy cravings experienced by Hollywood's leading women.


The results were:


Angelina Jolie - Reese's Pieces (yum)

Julia Roberts - Pasta (the thought of sauce made me sick for a while)

Posh Beckham - Smoked Salmon (way too healthy)

Christina Aguelera - Baked Goods (cupcakes, cookies, muffins....yep, really a problem for me all the time)

Katie Holmes - Vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream (way too picky...I'd

be happy eating batter at most times)

Halle Berry - Hot peppers (Holy heartburn)

Sara Jessica Parker - Fast food (amen)

J Lo - Salsa, M&Ms, and orange soda (I don't care...she is evil)

Gwyneth Paltrow - Grilled cheese, tacos, and fries (not

exactly microbiotic ...but yu-to-the-ummy)

Jenny McCarthy - Brownies (There's a party in my tummy....)

Heidi Klum - Ice Cream (my weakness)


Though I found the list very interesting, more interesting was the fact that almost all of these were cravings of mine at some point. With my daughter, I ate a ton of smoothies and ice cream at the end of my pregnancy. So much so that as I walked down Walnut after my and my husband's nightly fix, the guys who owned the restaurant below our apartment would just laugh at me (shout out to the former Pompeii).


With my son, I ate everything under the sun, with cheeseburgers, fries, and milkshakes topping the list.


I really did eat everything, but if I am being honest, the worst of it came at the beginning of my first pregnancy when most people are either nauseous or too tired to eat.


I craved cheese dogs.


Yes, disgusting, I know. And I just didn't crave ballpark franks, I craved the repugnant hot dogs sold by the greasy vendors on the corner of Walnut and 11th....what was wrong with me????


Now, with allof this talk over my horrible cravings, I am beginning to make some sense out of my own daughter's food fickleness and my son's love of all things meat (he's a big grunter).


Hmmmm.....could there be a correlation?


Share your carvings in the comments if you have a chance....and please make me feel better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear you! Ice cream...any time, any place, anywhere...I ate it every single day when I was pregnant! Liz Schmidt