The Top 10 Reasons The Muppet Show and respective films mean so much to me:
10) The show illustrates that there is room enough for everyone: even a monster named Gonzo who falls in love with a chicken.
9) Miss Piggy taught me everything I need to know about how to be a fabulous woman: confidence, style, and a mean right hook.
8) Thanks to that adorable frog and his rainbow connection, I will never eat frog legs (and, trust me, I'll try anything once).
7) While riding his large, red bicycle, Kermit the Frog was almost flattened by a steam roller that crossed his path. Having just barely escaped certain death, he responded, "Phew, I was almost gone with the Schwinn." They just don't write comedy like that anymore.
6) In so many ways (particularly the self-deprecating ones)..I am Fozzie Bear.
5) Amidst a turbulent political climate, coupled with a precarious foothold on global diplomacy, it really takes a guy like Crazy Harry to put things into perspective. Explosions are always the answer.*
4) There is no character more relatable to the constitution of a two year old than Animal (in fact, I think my own child may have taken some cues from his dining habits)
3) If there was ever any doubt that true love exists, Kermit and Miss Piggy give us all hope...even if they are a frog and a pig, respectively.
2) I consider Waldorf and Statler my soulmates in cynicism (see clip below).
1) Some people have been known to say that my husband bears a striking resemblance to Beeker (though, you did not hear that from me).
*************As for the explosions comment, if you are reading this and are a member of the FBI, CIA, or Homeland Security, please know that the above comment is only meant as entertainment with no real merit (or comedic value) and should not be considered a real, actual, legitimate threat.
I'm 32, a dad, and I am not a douchebag...
6 years ago