Thursday, March 27, 2008

Magically Delicious

As I mentioned in previous posts, my daughter and I bake together daily. Every day we cook up muffins, cakes, cookies, scones or whatever else we can stir, spread, or beat.
I love this time with her even more than I love eating all that we create.

This regular event has also made me a bit of an expert on cooking with children. Practical recipes, easy to follow directions, and reasonable ingredients are all part of creating the perfect kid cooking experience. So, you can imagine my excitement when I stumbled upon the perfect solution for cooking with kids: Tastefully Simple.

Tastefully Simple is a company much like Pampered Chef, Arbonne, and other word-of-mouth businesses that rely on the hosting of parties to introduce products and facilitate orders. Unlike some of the others, however, the parties are all about eating and the product prices are very reasonable.

The Tastefully Simple product I happened upon was the Cinnamon Muffin Melt Mix. Though my daughter and I have become self-proclaimed muffin connoisseurs, this particularly product was especially fun because it involved tasks that resemble something you may do as an arts and crafts project.

Highlights:

1) The only required ingredients are: one egg, 6 Tbsp of butter, and the muffin mix. My daughter loves to take the wrapping off the butter and literally throw it in the separate bowl. She is also good at “helping” me break the egg, but if cooking with your child is new, you may want to work up to that. Finally, the ingredients are easy to stir with a wooden spoon and a deep mixing bowl.
2) After baking the muffins for 11 minutes (a perfect amount of time for those short attention spans), you “paint” butter on the now cooled muffins with a cooking brush.
3) Finally, you dip the muffins in a bowl of provided cinnamon mix to complete the experience.

The muffins are great and when all is said and done, you’ve just spent a good 30 minutes of quality time with your son or daughter.

This is just one example recipe among hundreds offered by Tastefully Simple that are really fun and easy to do with kids. Though the company was developed to be simple for you, its easiness is also perfect for family cooking.

For more products (I’m obsessed with the Beer Bread), check out:

www.TastefullySimple.com

Also, if you are interested in ordering any of the products, please contact the ever fabulous mom and Tastefully Simple representative, Beth Sprigman at
856-599-0823, or email her at: cjsprig@comcast.net

Side Note: For the dieters out there, make a habit of immediately packaging everything up to send off to the neighbors, family members, or the office (leaving one or two aside for your little helper and maybe even your appreciative husband).

No comments: