Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Brother Abroad

By all accounts, today was a perfect day:

Unseasonably warm weather, a family outing, good naps, and lots of laughter.

As the day came to a close, my husband did what most husbands rush to do at the first taste of warmer weather: he broke out the grill. It is one of his many dad jobs (along with tubby time and weekend morning breakfasts) that he really enjoys doing and I really enjoy watching. Dinner was great, almost no clean-up was greater, and the kids went to bed with full tummies and pleasant memories.

And then I read my sister-in-law's blog about her near perfect day and I remembered what I'd almost forgot.

At 53 days in, truly perfect days will be hard to come by until he's safe at home.

This is Day 53.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your sister-in-law's blog puts things in perspective. Not every nice day is nice for everyone. Lydia