Friday, March 6, 2009

Strange Days

It's official: I need reading glasses.

I spent an hour at Dr. Jean Heisman's office (I picked her for the obvious jokes her name lends) to have my sight tested 1,000 different ways. I also got to shop for cute frames, talk to adults without interruption, and even sit in silence for a bit.

It was heavenly.

And that leads me to another truth about motherhood: As much as I love being a mom, I also don't at all mind the occasional doctor's appointment, oil change, or other once loathed outing that affords me some time to myself.

The doctor keeps you waiting in the lobby because he's running late?

I used to fume, but now, I just continue on to the next chapter of that book I've been meaning to read.

My husband cannot fathom how I could possibly be jealous of his hour commute.

Alone time listening to your favorite music, or nothing at all?

I'm insanely jealous.

No comments: