Friday, May 2, 2008

So, I've Been Slogging...

Slogging- (v) slacking on my blogging

Yesterday was a day filled with Little Gym, errands, an impromptu playdate, more errands, and I think a trip to the bathroom, but I am not entirely sure I stopped long enough to even do the last.

Today was filled with one ambitious event: hosting a Picture Party.

For those of you infamiliar with this latest trend, a Picture Party is a gathering where a group of people assemble and a professional photographer (in this case, Shirley Magilton) comes and sets up a studio in your home. Each family is given time for a mini-shoot (30-40 minutes) with no session fee or obligation to buy any of the pictures.

In total, we had five different families, with nine children and five very daring mothers.

If we're being honest, I am absolutely shocked that there were no major meltdowns, extended timeouts, or even broken anythings. I am not suggesting that the children sat quietly like a group of angels, singing songs and drawing pictures. But really, it went pretty swimmingly.

So, if you are interested in getting professional pictures taken of your kid, but the price of a good photographer doesn't match your budget (a family's gotta eat), then I would look into having one of these parties with a photographer in your area.

And, if they're willing, I'll post some of the results in the future.

Cheese.

No comments: