The Top 5 Things I Learned This Week
5) Though adults may look at a rainy day as an inconvenience, children see puddles, rainbows, and a new chance to get wet. Mud is neat too.
4) If you are going to make an off-handed joke about Mr. McGregor, provide a footnote explaining who he is and what he has to do with rabbits for the people who have never heard of him and don’t find any of it funny (shout out to JD).
3) Even peeps can be provocative.
2) Whether you choose to bottle feed or breastfeed, someone is always going to have something to say about your choice. When those inevitable, unsolicited comments arrive, feel free to ask what issue of Parenting magazine they appeared in, so you might learn more about their professional opinion.
1) If you decide to spend St. Patrick’s day catching a lot of leprechauns and their chocolate filled gold, be prepared for no nap, extreme sugar highs, and spending the next few days explaining that the green little imps can only be caught once a year.
I'm 32, a dad, and I am not a douchebag...
6 years ago