Gracie Girl's Green Beans:
The following side dish was given to me by one of my favorite people in the whole wide world. Quite the cooking ingenue, Gracie prepared these for the family to rave reviews. She even dictated the recipe to me to ensure its accuracy.
To be 8 again.
1 lb. washed & trimmed green beans (Buy the Steamfresh ones--- much quicker)
1/4 c. water
1 to 2 garlic cloves, peeled
1 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1) Prepare Steamfresh green beans
2) While beans are cooking, mince garlic.
3) Melt butter and oil in skillet over medium heat; add garlic and saute
4) Add cooked beans to skillet
5) Gently stir beans until they are well coated
I'm 32, a dad, and I am not a douchebag...
6 years ago