Monday, April 6, 2009

Like Father, Like Son


There was a time not so long ago, when I was convinced Joseph was a tried and true Mama's Boy. I imagine that had a lot to do with his milk supply, but it was me he preferred to cuddle with, to be held by, and to put to bed.

That is all a distant memory now.

Joseph still loves me and wants to be by my side, especially when I'm cooking his next meal; but, in truth, he is all about Daddy.

When my husband walks through the door, I am a distant memory. He'll allow me to hold him, until the better offer shows himself. And only Daddy can read him his bedtime books at night and put him to bed.

As I type this, the two of them are wrestling on the floor during a commercial break from the Phillies game. Joseph has even been pretending to pitch every time the pitcher does....which is hysterically funny to watch, though I'm only allowed to be a spectator.

I guess it's a matter of course. I have my own little shadow in O, and now John has a groupie all his own. They look exactly alike, they both love tools, baseball, and the sound of their own flatulence.....

It's just odd being Choice #2....and fun too, if that makes sense.

He is his father's son.

No comments: