Monday, February 2, 2009

Groundhog Day

Though I can't ever remember a year when Spring came early, I know a lot of people get very excited in the fun of the tradition.

I do not.

However, if that little guy comes out and tells me that in six weeks I will:

1) Be able to release the hounds from the home in which they are cooped and enjoy some fresh air.

2) Not have to hide in remote locations so that I may pounce on my children and wrestle them to the ground with winter coats, gloves, and hats.

3) Not to have to buckle my children in car seats with winter coats, gloves, and hats.

4) Not have to drive to the mailbox (I'm not kidding....though I usually get the mail when I'm going out or coming in...and my driveway is evil).

5) Set up the kiddie pools....there is nothing like water play to keep the little ones happy.

6) Start powerwalking with the stroller...the hoolah hooping a la Wii Fit isn't quite doing the job.

7) Send the kids outside after dinner to roll around with their dad while I peacefully clean the kitchen.

8) Eat ice cream when it's seasonally acceptable (and not in the dark confines of my living room where it feels illegal, while still satisfying).

9) Wear flip flops

10) Chase the butterflies, draw with chalk, have picnics, pick flowers, swing on the sings, and spend an entire day not at all thinking about the toys or television inside.


....Then I will be a very happy mommy. Come on, Phil....
BTW: If Phil looks anything like the corpulent fellow pictured above, how couldn't he see his shadow?

No comments: