Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Confession Time

My son's road to routine, predictable sleep has been a winding one. After many months of trying to structure sleep, he is now down by 8, up at 6, and usually good for a three hour nap right in the middle of the day. It fits our life well, and he's a happy guy.

I also no longer rock him, or do anything else to get him to fall asleep. At this point, I put him in the crib, give him a kiss, and say "Night, night." After this, he dives into his crib with his tush windward...happy as a clam.

As well as this works, there is a part of me that feels the need to sneak in some unnecessary rocking while I still can.

It doesn't happen every day, but as I confront the reality that his days as being little-little are numbered, I can't resist some gentle rocking and singing, even if it may derail all that we've worked for.

No comments: