Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Like the Corners of My Mind....


I'll be the first to admit I have a terrible memory. I forget birthdays, people's names, even places I've been, which is all the more frustrating when you consider how much useless stuff I remember (the dating lives of meaningless celebrities, lines of poetry, the history of the Phillipines....please let that be on the Jeopardy! test, please, please).

The good thing about having a terrible memory is that life is full of surprises. Things I completely forgot about suddenly return with new renewed happiness and excitement unlooked for and enjoyed all over again.

An example of this would be pillow people.

Born out of an idea to combine the comfort of a pillow with likeable pals, these toys of the 1980s topped my list to Santa one year and I can't for the life of me remember why. Did I play with it? Talk to it in my sleep?

I have no idea and I wonder what other useless toys I once craved are still buried in my mind.

No comments: