Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Brother Abroad

Keeping true to our family promise to send my brother a care package a month, my little man and I headed to Target to choose some choice items to warm his heart and let him know he's always in our thoughts.

Deciding what to get to do that was a different story?

As we meandered down aisle after aisle of arbitrary items, I was struck by two things:

1) When did Target stop become a store for bargains?
2) Aside from sports and raising children, I was really at a loss as to what he might want.

I know he likes sweets, but what kind would travel best? I am sure he doesn't enjoy many comforts, but how would bunny slippers go over at Al Asaad?

I settled on some ageless taffies, Nerf basketball for his tin can of a room, some magazines, and a Starting Lineup statue of A-Rod as a rookie (donated by my husband).

Okay, but not great.

Ideas?

This is Day 7.

No comments: