Friday, April 18, 2008

The Week in Review

The Top 7 Things I Learned This Week

7) Snow White may be pure as the driven snow, but when competition heats up at a princess pageant, she may drift....*

6) With the weather getting warmer, it really doesn't matter what the runways in New York, Paris, and Milan dictate...according to the runways of suburban America (e.g. the aisles at the grocery store), capris are in and they are SPECTACULAR.

5) When people discuss the beauty of motherhood, they really are not talking about my hair.

4) We may all be annoyed by parents who are constantly touting their children's accomplishments, but we all secretly believe our own will be the next Second Coming (and we should).

3) If American Idol ever makes me cry again (e.g. the David Cook story), I will give away my television.

2) If I ever decide to take care of the tragedy that is my stomach, thankfully some brain trust out there came up with an inspiring book to help me relate my decision to my concerned children.

1) If you attend Music Together and ever make fun of another parent's dancing, Teacher Linda will actually scold you like the misbehaving student that you are.


** The snow white reference was inspired by one of my favorite quotes by Mae West. She said: "I used to be pure as the driven snow, but then I drifted."








No comments: