Monday, April 14, 2008

No Wonder They Named an Isle After Them...

Okay.

Enough is enough.

After more emails and a personal phone call from my own mother, I feel the need to clarify AGAIN the deal with capris.

They are NOT out of style. Nor are they the height of fashion. They are acceptable dress, just not fashionista caliber. They are not the fanny pack of pants.

Again, if you like to wear them and they look good on you, wear them (especially with a fashionable top).

Finally, if you ever catch me wearing them this season (and you will), feel free to point out the fact that I am not a real mama fashionista and that I have no business writing about fashion.

I am just fighting the fug.

(Shout out to MB).

2 comments:

Julie Weaver said...

As long as they are NOT the capris that are also "Mom Jeans"...(any waist band that comes up and over the bellybutton), unless they have a stretch panel for a baby bump...and avoid the gladiator sandals with capris! Yikes!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out!

I'm on your side about the capris - but for me they function as regular pants. The Gap hasn't entirely grasped the concept that "petite" means "short legs".