Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Rainy Day Serendipity

Though I would not consider myself to be a "highly" organized person, I would go so far as to characterize myself as a "reasonably" organized one. I like order and everything having its place, and I cannot stand clutter. That's not to say that my house is clutter-free, but I get really anxious when it becomes more than a little apparent.

Since we have some gloomy weather, no pressing engagements, and an interest in avoiding swine, we three headed to the basement for some early morning play and some serious organization. I happen to have a love of bins and so, my first objective was to rearrange and sort them. It was during this time that I made a wonderful discovery!

Hidden away in a box marked "Memorabilia", my mother had neatly stored my entire childhood collection of Cabbage Patch Kids and barbies (with clothes!). I had completely forgotten it.

So, in keeping with our organizing sweep, O and I excitedly headed up to her room to pick out some pink storage boxes left over from her nursery and began the process of pouring through everything.

I remember every outfit, every doll, and even the way I played with them. Best of all, O is in doll heaven.

She's been in her room for the past hour, and completely engrossed....not a peep.

So much fun, and sentimental, and unexpected.

No comments: