Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Brother Abroad

During the 100 Days Press Conference, President Obama was asked by NY Times Columnist Jeff Zeleny: what has he been most surprised by, troubled by, enchanted by, and humbled by. Though the question required some notes, this was his reply to "Enchanted":

Enchanted? Enchanted. I will tell you that when I -- when I meet our servicemen and -women, enchanted is probably not the word I would use.

But I am so profoundly impressed and grateful to them for what they do. They're really good at their job. They are willing to make extraordinary sacrifices on our behalf. They do so without complaint. They are fiercely loyal to this country.
And, you know, the more I interact with our servicemen and women, from the top brass down to the lowliest private, I'm just -- I'm grateful to them.


This is Day 94.

No comments: