And happen to spy a little family with:
1) A little red headed girl who has sandwhich bags secured by rubber bands over her sneakers (the ones unfit for the snow, but will have to do since her mother didn't pack the boots for a Virginia blizzard).
2) A little red haired boy who is trying with difficulty to eat the snow since his socks for mittens are proving to be a bad replacement for his actual pair; of which, one is missing.
3) A mother who is out of breath from pulling the sled up and down the hill while not trying to flip it over....again.
4) A snow man that is really just a head with M&Ms for eyes, a carrot for a nose, and leaves for hair.
5) Two grandparents trying to watch from an upstairs window in between trips to the bathroom....the grip of a stomach virus crippling them both.
6) A red haired husband flying overhead in an airplane on his way to Chicago (because that's a fabulous winter destination) for a weeklong work conference. He's also probably smiling broadly since he's nearly escaped the Virginia home's contagion.
7) A band of thieves making their way to the Beltway to rob a house, in Jersey that they just learned will be vacant for an entire week since some idiot blogger divulged such information.
And the point of this post, aside from a little whining?
It could always be worse.....my husband's trip could be a year and not a week, to Iraq and not Chicago, and set amid certain danger instead of certain suspect brokers.
I just have to keep reminding myself of that one......
This is DAY 14.
3 years ago