Thursday, November 13, 2008

No Respect

Rolling Stone just released its list of the top 100 singers of all time. Topping the list was none other than the Queen of Soul herself, Aretha Franklin.

Odd, I thought.

I have come across some recent stories about Ms. Franklin's criticisms of other female vocalists such as Tina Turner and Beyonce, and despite my respect for her phenomenal vocals, she's just left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Plus, acknowledging that she is a music icon, I'm not sure I'd declare her the best ever.

So, weigh in on this week's poll that asks for your imput and is comprised of Rolling Stone's top 10. Also, click here for the full list.

Finally, because it is just too entertaining not to share, the video below is of Aretha covering Mariah Carey's "Touch My Body".

I'm not kidding.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's better than the original version!