Monday, June 9, 2008

Celebrity Mommies


It is being reported that actress Jessica Alba had a baby girl this weekend, and she has chosen the name Honor Marie.


Now, I don't know what it is about her, but I am just not a Jessica Alba fan. She seems to come off as condescending and arrogant, always feigning exhaustion over fame and people wanting to take her picture.


But here's the kicker. I actually like the name. I know, I know...I can hear the groans simultaneously coming through my laptop, but I think in an age of Heaven, Pilot, and Banjo, there is something about the meaning of the word and then bestowing it on a girl that strikes me as beautiful.


I used to write for a super high end realtor who works out of Chicago's Gold Coast. She'd have me do copy for her Christie's and Sotheby's brochures as I drooled over homes I'd probably never be able to afford. She is strong, successful, confident, and valued integrity over all other business qualities. She never tells her clients what they want to hear, but rather, what they nee to hear. She has a reputation unparalleled by her peers and her name is Honore.


I really wanted to dislike the name, but I don't. Thoughts?


No comments: