Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Way With Words

This weekly installment is dedicated to addressing those all too common comments said by strangers and family alike. If you have been the recipient of uncalled for remarks, share them with us at: dalessandrochristine@gmail.com


Comment: Um, shouldn't he be off the bottle by now?

What You Want To Say: Oh, I must have missed you on the cover of Parenting magazine! Was it the issue devoted to unsolicited advice?

What You Could Say: Well, since he's perfect in everything else, we like him to have one bad habit so the other babies don't feel so inferior.

What You Should Say: Well, as I'm sure you know, every day is a work in progress and I appreciate your concern. How is everything with you?

*For the record, I have a hard time taking the high road (and, yes, I have actually used the first response....which is why I should never let myself out of the house).



No comments: