Thursday, May 29, 2008

Reading is Fundamental

Everyone knows how important it is to read to your children. Language development, cognitive learning, reasoning processes, understanding of cause and effect, la da da da.

I know that I am not alone when I say that a great part of our nap and bedtime routine involves the reading of a library of books. "If You Give A Pig A Pancake", "The Very Grouchy LadyBug", "Horton Hatches An Egg" (yes, still), "How Does A Dinosaur Say Goodnight", "Hug", and the ever challenging "Goodnight, Gorilla" (it has no words and by the 3,000th read, my imagination is tapped).

If you are also like me, you probably feel pretty confident in your expanding knowledge of children's literature.

Why not test it?

http://www.funtrivia.com/trivia-quiz/ForChildren/Mommy-Read-Me-A-Story-66975.html

(I missed 2...drat)

No comments: