Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Parent Profile


This week's Parent Profile highlights one of my favorite dads (despite the fact that he included a Phish song on his ultimate soundtrack), Tony. He loves his kids, dotes on his wife, and occasionally laughs at my jokes. Oh, and he can play a mean guitar....or so I've heard (time and a few potent potables will have to tell).



Profile of a Parent


Name: Tony, aka: Daddy, the “poopipe” (don’t ask I didn’t make it up, just playing the role I was given), Prince Eric, Papa.


Father of: Jessica who just turned 3 and Danielle who just celebrated being 5 months old!


What You Did Before You Were Someone’s Daddy: Slept more, played more music with friends, read more books, drank a few more pints with friends.


What You Do For Yourself Now: Every now and then, after the kids are asleep, I sneak down to the basement and “Rock Out” on my guitar, watch horrible reality TV, pick a topic once a month that I am not familiar with and try and research it for general knowledge ( Yes it sounds dorky but ....it is. )



What is your favorite thing about being a father? Hugs and kisses from my gals, the way Danielle glows when she smiles at me, the way Jess greets me when I come home from work, being the butt of every joke, being able to watch cartoons as a grown up.

What is the one thing you wish you’d known before you had children? They can argue just like grown-ups and they don’t back down! Negotiating is futile.

What would you do with an extra free hour in your day? Play music, read, play some more music.


Who are your go-to people when you have a parenting questions? Stacey (my wife, I ask her what the book says to do), and my Mom.


What is the one thing your child(ren) do that always makes you smile? When they smile.


Who is your favorite fictional mother? Marge Simpson.

If you could be someone you know for a day, who would it be? Can’t think of one. Probably my wife and I would give my husband a back rub.


If you could ban people from doing something, what would it be? Smoking, text messaging, and voting for David Archuleta ( the kid just freaks me out).


If you could make one mixed CD that would be the only music you could listen to for the rest of your life, what songs would you put on it?
“Box of Rain” by The Grateful Dead, “It’s Love” by Kings X, “Ezy Ryder” by Jimi Hendrix, “Life without you” Stevie Ray Vaughan, “My Best Friend” by Tim McGraw, “Somewhere over the rainbow” the Stanley Jordan version, “Space Wrangler” by Widespread Panic, “Say Hello to Heaven” by Temple of the Dog, “Freebird” by Lynard Skynard, “Hold on Loosely” by 38 Special, “Divided Sky” by Phish.
Please join our cast of characters by answering the questions above, and sending your answers along with a picture to: dalessandrochristine@gmail.com



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two words, "Mr. Tony"!