Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sleep

For the last week and a half, my dear little boy has been average his morning wake up time between 4:30 -5:00.

I have no idea why this is happening, nor can I hold back the tears when my bleary eyes make out the number "four" on the alarm clock. Not sure what god I offended, I just had to assume he was getting the last of his teeth, he has some ailment that is disrupting his rest, or his daily hibernation (that 3.45 hour nap I blogged about) was actually shortening his night sleep.

As the days passed, and all but one tooth have surfaced, no ailments, and pretty happy naps continued, I had to start considering other culprits.

Then, three days ago, as I tried to convince him to fall back asleep with Mommy at 4:40 AM, the answer revealed itself in a rumbling growl emitting from his abdomen.

The boy was hungry, the boy was famished, the boy was in the middle of an epic growth spurt.

Knowing that this is one of those things that I just need to brave through, I upped his daily meal portions, added Carnation Instant Breakfast to his milk, and fed him a nice banana before bed.

He "slept in" until 5:45.

That's progress people.

No comments: