Monday, March 16, 2009

A Brother Abroad

Where do I begin?

-Joseph is still recovering from a horrible stomach bug, which has me busy changing countless diapers and keeping him from stealing his sister's dangerous apple juice.

-O decided to administer her first hair cut....on her own hair.

-Joseph woke up from a lengthy nap grumpier than ever. He didn't let me put him down until his Daddy came home three and a half hours later.

-Except for when I managed to distract him with some pots and pans while I quickly threw together a dinner. It was at this point that he snuck into the cabinet under the sink where one of my cleaners left a bottle of Spray Chlorox (we keep them in a high cabinet usually, which is why his initial investigation would normally be harmless). After finding him with his mouth wrapped around the bottle, I spent the next 20 minutes on the phone with Poison Control trying not to cry.

And guess what?

I still get to kiss my kids goodnight, spend time with my husband, and fall exhausted into a comfortable bed....with no sand in sight.

This is Day 62.


No comments: