Monday, February 23, 2009

When Paper Dolls Attack

As I alluded to in a previous post, high on my daughter's literal playlist is the wonderfully affordable and frustratingly flimsy paper dolls.

We have every princess, in every possible ensemble (from the ball to bedtime), and they occupy my daughter, with or without me, to no end. When she invites me, I love to play with her too, remembering how much fun I used to have with them and I also love seeing her share in something I once did too.

But now the paper dolls are starting to step out of line.

On more than one occasion, I have been informed to find another seat; Cinderella was sitting there.

When I laid my head down next to my daughter to whisper goodnight, I was chastised for almost suffocating Sleeping Beauty (who, apparently, wasn't yet sleeping).

When I absentmindedly stepped on Snow White, you would have thought I cannibalized her.

They're paper!

No comments: