Friday, September 12, 2008

Special Thanks...


I received a ton of personal emails and forwards reflecting on the anniversary of the September 11th attacks. I was touched and, at times, too emotional to respond.


Thanks for helping us to remember one of the most terrifying moments in our own history, and also helping to make sure it is never forgotten.


***In addition to the art of illustration, the New Yorker magazine has also mastered the art of scandal through its various choice of covers. The above image was the first cover following the attacks in 2001 and, as a subscriber, I remember feeling very haunted by it. My mother-in-law had given me a time capsule in which to save things from the first year of our marriage. Having barely been married a month, I immediately placed the magazine inside.




No comments: