Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Dr. Oz is in the house...

Though I started off strong yesterday, by 3 o'clock I was starting to feel a little hungry and very tired. As I prepared dinner, a dangerous time for picking at foods, I had my obligatory fist o' walnuts and began to incredulously grate my ginger root.

This was not going to be good.

My husband came home just as everything came together and the smell of Asian marinade and peppers got him excited for our first night of healthy eating. I was not so convinced...though, by this time, the walnuts had done the trick and I was far from feeling famished.

The steamed green beans were fine, the brown rice pilaf was a bit bland, and the Asian Salmon was, well, wonderful.

It was restaurant good. And, despite my skepticism, it all came down to purely fresh ingredients.

Not only that, but the rice helped to fill me up and, as I type this at 8:45, I am having no problem avoiding the nighttime snacking that has become my trademark downfall.

Day 1: A success

1 comment:

Julie Weaver said...

Yesterday was pretty good for me too, although when my husband and kids came home and asked what was for dinner,they were less than enthusiastic to hear about whole wheat pasta primavera. So, I cooked 2 dinners and cleaned up 2 dinners!!! Tonight will be different...I think salmon and left over dinner #2.