Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Dr. Oz Continues

Despite a pretty hectic day and more than a few obstacels, I was able to keep to my daily menu of healthy living.

As the diet dictates, you are encouraged to eat the same breakfast and lunch on a regular basis so you get into a routine of nutrition as opposed to three opportunities for indulgence. If your meal is always determined, you are less likely to choose, or even want something less beneficial. Once again, the day flew by with little hunger and the satisfying sensation of walnuts when I did start to feel the late-day twinge.

And then came dinner: Whole Wheat Vegetable Pizza.

I know....it sounds awful. Whole wheat crust sounds almost as appetizing as the edible clamation that is whole wheat pasta. But, I followed the directions, loaded on the vegetables, the sauce, the sun-dried tomatoes, and the 1/4 cup of skim mozarella and I braced myself for the worst.

And it wasn't....the worst. It was not the best either. It was okay and, even better, I was full before I even finished the recommended serving. How does that happen? I can eat multiple slices of regular pizza with the works, but three of these little wedges had me feeling stuffed.

I love it. I still don't love the crust, but I love the guilt-free eating.

And here is the best part: I survived the meal without sneaking a couple of the chicken cutlets and fries from either child's plate. This is no easy task when the act of breaking up the food for my little guy, leaves the temptation on my finger tips!

Right now I am feeling very proud, and still skeptical about how long I will be able to maintain this level of commitment.

No comments: