Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Votes Are In...


So this week’s question was kind of silly, but, as always, has produced some interesting results. In truth, I voted for Christian Bale because he is the only evidence of God I’ve found on this planet with the exception of the mystical force that removes one sock of every pair each time I do laundry (I totally stole that line from St. Elmo’s Fire).

For those of you not familiar with Christian Bale’s body of work (hehehe), he broke on the scene in his youth as Laurie in the remake of Little Women with Wynona Ryder and Claire Danes, and starred in other movies such as Swing Kids, Empire of the Sun, and Newsies. He went on to reap critical acclaim as Patrick Bateman in American Psycho, the breast-plated hero in Batman Begins, and other unbelievable films (The Machinist, 3:10 to Yuma, The Prestige, I’m Not There, Rescue Dawn, etc.). He is, in short an amazing actor...Oh, and he is kind of attractive.
Unfortunately, my vote was once again edged out by the winner; in this case, a deserving Matthew McConaghy. Funny, genuine, and incredibly attractive might be obvious reasons why he was chosen. But I happen to think part of his triumph came from his role as David Wooderson in Dazed and Confused, which provided one of my favorite lines from a movie of all time: “The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N.”

Not surprisingly, the aging Brad Pitt and George Clooney trailed in the polls as the once sure-things are starting to lose their appeal a bit. Finally, shout out to Stone Phillips, the first live robot employed by a news team to deliver the news. Unfortunately, the fear of someone spilling water on him, resulting in a short circuit, cost the network too much in insurance fees and he was recently relieved of his Dateline duties. In case you’re wondering about how he made it on the list…I actually have a friend who ranks him first on her top five (wow).

Thanks for the votes and be sure to check out the latest one…
special shout out to Karen the Great for some of the choices.


1 comment:

Who's your Mama said...

It is pretty cool to have my name on a website followed by the word GREAT!!!