Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Brother Abroad

Am I allowed to take a day off?

Olivia's birthday, a dance recital, the end of the schoolyear. ghostwriting a novel, writing press releases, queries and an eBook on online marketing (zzzzzzzz), planning for Joseph's birthday......whine, whine, whine, whine, whine.

I hate whiners and I have officially become one of late.

My apologies.

So, for today's Brother Abroad post I will tell you that my brothers never whine. Ever. I mean they complain about things (occasionally that thing being their sister), but they never whine and moan about their unending responsibilities, or their obstacles.

Apparently, they leave it completely up to me.

This is Day 127.

3 comments:

Julie Weaver said...

Paul has had NO day off since January 14th. Works 7 days per week, is in the office every day by 6 am except for Sunday, then he's in the office by 10:00, but gets up early to go to church and work out.

Anonymous said...

You hit the nail on the head Julie, minus one crucial ingredient that makes a deployment possible and successful...knowing there is a loving and amazing bride capable of handling any circumstance in his absence and then willing and ready to welcome him home as if he never left allows one to sleep when tired, fight when threatened, and lead always. Here's to the Marine wife!

Julie Weaver said...

I'm speechless...thank you.