Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A New Year, A New Perspective

So, I'll admit I got a little indulgent as the dreariness that was 2008 trodded along with each month unfolding another disappointment, another reason to wallow. As my blog intimitated along the way, the year was tough and I decided to whine my way through it.

But here's the thing....I got it all wrong. All the energy I put into moping, eye rolling, and the occasional tantrum would have been better served working on removing the rather large chip that had found itself residing on my precarious shoulders.

Of course, these little epiphanies don't usually come to pass while you're standing in line at the grocery store (shout out to James Joyce); instead, they often come when you confront someone else's reality which thereby puts your own into perspective.
Enough of this....it's a new year, with a new blog, and a new perspective.

Cheers.






No comments: