Saturday, October 4, 2008

I Was Overdue

For the first time in too long a time, I actually watched my daughter sleep. Since she's 3 and interested in everything, there seem to be fewer opportunities to just quietly observe her.

Anyway, today was a weird, blurry day with my husband taking the kids on a number of adventures to give me some quiet time to write and him some time just being a dad. When they returned, my son was already out for the count and my daughter was teetering.

As he got my son in his crib, I laid with my little miss as she fought sleep and recalled the morning's events. Sleep caught up to her before she could finish, which allowed me to just enjoy watching her as she quietly snoozed.

It was a blessing, and so much bigger than any book or blog.

The perfect time to count....

No comments: