Monday, September 29, 2008

A Daughter's First Love

Building on today's "Picture of the Day", I remember an episode of Oprah (back when I watched television for myself....), when Gwenyth Paltrow appeared to endorse her latest movie. Along with her craft, she also waxed poetic about being a new mother to little Apple as well as her doting husband, Chris Martin.

Though most of what she said was less than memorable, I distinctly remember a moment she shared with her father, Bruce Danner, who passed away months before. She spoke about how her father surprised her with a trip to Paris when she was in high school. He whisked her away, showed her all around the city of lights, and left leaving her greatly impressed upon.

As they shared the flight home, he turned to her and said:

"Do you know why I took you to Paris? Just the two of us?"

"Why?" she inquired.

"Because I wanted the first man who brought you to Paris to be a man who will always love you and never break your heart."

No comments: