Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Just a Question

As I was driving to pick up my daughter from preschool yesterday, I caught a glimpse of the car behind me; it was also making its way through the very regimented "pick-up" routine. The mother was chatting away on her cell phone, while two car seats sat nestled in the back seats. The first was occupied with a baby, and the second was awaiting its future occupant who was also a student at my little girl's school.

And the car was a bright white convertible with the top down.

It really bothered me. Shouldn't it be illegal? Am I way off?

1 comment:

Julie Weaver said...

I think it's OK to be hands free and talking on the cell...it's no different than chatting with a friend in the passenger seat, or turning the radio station or putting a new CD or DVD in for the kiddies...or finding the lost passie that was thrown under your seat...or sipping hot coffee while driving...or programing the navigation system...or breaking up fries and chicken nuggets while on your way to visit Bama and Papa and driving...or adjusting your wedgie while applying mascara doing 75 mph on the turnpike...just don't do it all at once.