Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Finding my Form


As a military brat, I am a creature of routine. If I have a schedule, an itinerary, or a "to do" list, I am a happy person.


Which is why summer always throws me off. The days are no longer filled with kid classes and regular playgroups; but rather, lazy days mean finding where the day takes you, and taking it all in stride.


For this reason, I have been struggling to find some predicatbility outside of naps and meals. So, in an effort to make the most of my time, I have implemented a schedule to ensure that every day finds time for exercise (ugh), free playtime, arts & crafts, calls to the grandparents, and more.


Though I will not share the specifics of that schedule (I might as well put a sign on my lawn that says "Pretadors welcome"), I will say that having a set time to turn off the morning cartoons, as well as baking times, power stroller walking (no easy task pushing a total of 70 lbs...especially up my obnoxious driveway), and designated errand times has put my mind at ease a bit.


Not only have I found a little of peace of mind, the loose schedule has made me more productive with housework (I even have time for laundry), as well as motivation to run wild with energy supplied by happiness and the benefits of exercise...something that benefits all.


Now, if I could only figure out a way to "schedule out" Circus Peanuts and online shopping.




No comments: