Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Of Course it is!!! Part I

After taking a rather long hiatus from blogging, my first full day back has also provided me with what can best be described as a challenging morning.

It may have started late last night with a horrible nightmare that brought O into bed with us (something I don't mind at all, actually), but something that also brought a very early morning start.

Needless to say, an email from one mom (shout out to Colleen) who'd received a text from another mom (shout out to Liz) informed me that Spread Your Wings would be closed for the week. Spread Your Wings also happened to be the very place I'd promised to take the kids after we hit up Target and so, regrettably, I had to break the bad news on the way to said play place.

It did not go over well. In fact, the period of mourning tumbled into Target where I only got the bare necessities (two kid presents, a resistance band, and more big boy underwear) before we headed home with a still weepy redhead crying her grievances from the back.

Believing I just needed to get back home to calm the troops, I breathed a sigh of relief as we finally pulled into the drive.

Of course, it was just a second later that I noticed Chip (one of two most amazing neighbors ever) removing some debris in the back of our yard, leftover from last night's storm. What I initially failed to realize, however, was that he was just making room for the fence guy to come as our old tree finally lost his ongoing battle with Mother Nature and crushed three sections of our ajoined fence.

I'm sure that will go over well with the next showings.

But wait, it gets worse.......

No comments: