Friday, May 8, 2009

A Brother Abroad

Here we are, nearly halfway through May and I have yet to send out this month's care package. I guess I could blame it on busy, but who isn't busy these days??

Anyway, realizing Paul has more coffee than Columbia and a certain need to see a dentist if I keep sending candy, I thought I'd take my local Pretzel Factory up on an offer.

In support of the troops, the Pretzel Factory near me helps patrons package and send whole shipments of soft pretzels to troops stationed in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

I thought that would be yummy, easy, and even novel...but I'm not sure what would be the best way to go about preserving the freshness. The Pretzel Factory recommends wax paper, but that has to do more with moisture than keeping things soft and fresh.

Perhaps wax paper and then sealed in a plastic bag?

I guess I'll throw it out to any yeast experts (though, if that means you, I wouldn't brag about that publically). Is it even a good idea, and, if so, how should I send it?

This is Day 102.

2 comments:

Julie Weaver said...

I'd worry about mold.

Meg (MU) said...

i just sent a box of soft pretzels to GA...but I know that is half the distance. I would call my dad...he can get anything over to the troops.