Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Girls Rule

Yesterday allowed me to enjoy one of those rare moments when I could listen to the radio. My O is at school and, as my little man and I head to his own little playgroup, he is either snoozing or staring out the window for signs of trucks...and not at all concerned with what is coming out of the speakers.

Though I can be pretty critical of certain musicians, I will be the first to admit when someone turns a song out that really works. Now, I have never been a Beyonce fan (I don't dislike her....she just doesn't interest me), but her new song "If I Were A Boy" is fantastic. Like Mary J. on sedatives, she has come up with something as soulful as it is sentimental and I have to give props where props are due (yes, I am 32 and I just used the word "props"...twice).

With that song, as well as the stuff coming out from Pink, Rhiana, Leona Lewis, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, and so many other female singers, I have to say I am feeling the girl vibe in music.

I suddenly have the urge to put in some Cyndi Lauper or Joan Jett.....

AND>...the video is great too:


1 comment:

Julie Weaver said...

I love Katy Perry, not so much Leona Lewis, everything she sings sounds like she's crying...just "bleed" already! I also like the new song by Delta Goodrum (spelling?).