Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Things That Make You Go Zoom



Two birthdays ago my husband, acknowledging my insecurity over the discoloration of my teeth, gave me the gift of Zoom. The laser based teeth whitening procedure involves three consecutive 15 minute applications of bleach under a laser light and, after one visit, you walk out the door with a significantly improved smile. Since I have been either pregnant or nursing for the last three years (and given the approach of my 10 year college reunion), I decided now was as good a time as any to cash in my fantastic present.
I made an appointment with the only man in the South Jersey dental world who can properly deliver the goods, Dr. Gerald Killoran of Advanced Dental in Mullica Hill (shout out to Colleen McCourt-- he's her cousin!). Not sure what to expect other than what I had read, I was quickly put at ease by the fabulous Donna who prepped me and applied the bleaching agent after the Dr. Killoran made sure all was as it should be.
The passage of time was slow (as it always is when you have your mouth in the equivalent of dental stirrups) but the trusty television and regular reassurance from Donna made the whole event a breeze.
I did experience some waves of tingling that were a little uncomfortable, though I would not exactly qualify them as pain; however, if you do have extra sensitive teeth, this may not be for you. Overall the results were better than I anticipated and the pictures above do not really do it justice.
And speaking of the pictures...no, I did not go tanning too; the later picture required a flash.
For more information, you can visit the good doctor's site at:
Or the Zoom website at:




No comments: