Monday, June 16, 2008

Odd Balls


As I fed my son his daily serving of prunes mixed with oatmeal, my mind wandered to a recent posting I read on some celebrity blog that revealed the fact that the curious Olsen twins whisper the word "prunes" every time they pose for the paparazzi.


The intended effect is to appear cool, couture, and mysterious...I guess.


So, of course, I headed to the mirror to try the look on for size. As I stared at my reflection, that at the time bore no make-up and a frightful array of hair before a comb had tamed it, I whispered, "prunes".


The result: I looked likely someone who had experienced one of the more auditory effects of prunes, as opposed to any model-worthy expression.


Try it for yourself...and then add it to the list of items that evidence the Olsen twins' other worldliness.

1 comment:

Julie Weaver said...

I'm sorry, I still think they look like they've been created by Jim Hensen...they looked like Cabbage Patch Dolls as babies.