Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Dedicated to the one I love....

As the sound of John snoring trickles down to the office where I type, I cannot believe we are celebrating our 8 year anniversary.

Having celebrated this past weekend with the kids at Grammy and Poppy's and the sounds of silence, it's perfectly acceptable that the actual day ended with him falling asleep with O as she convinced him to read another story.

And another, and another......

I think that's the best part of marriage, actually: being devoted to one another, being in it through good, bad, and unexpected, and being a family.

What makes me the happiest are things I never endeavored to find.

Anyway, I used to expect a lot in the romance department when I've only come to better realize that the greatest part of romance has nothing to do with gifts, candles, or flowers.

Though, the roses are lovely.




3 comments:

Amanda said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Julie Weaver said...

Belated happy anniversary...hope you had a great weekend!

Meg (MU) said...

Happy Belated Anniversary...such a great family you are....